Safeguarding in the Social Care and Domiciliary Care Setting (Children) – Level 1/2
Safeguarding Children in the Social Care and Domicillary Care Setting
This course has been designed for individuals who work in the care sector particularly in care homes and domiciliary care settings.
Learning Outcomes for
- Know the key areas of Safeguarding Legislation
- Know your employers safeguarding policies and procedures and who to contact in the event of alleged abuse
- Understand how the legislation impacts the care worker and other who they come into contact with.
- Know own values and beliefs that may impact your practice in relation to identifying abuse and your subsequent actions when abuse is suspected.
- Be able to demonstrate what action is required to minimise the risk of abuse to vulnerable children
- Know how to recognise stress in self, colleagues and individuals you may support in the workplace
- Know how to record any alleged incidents of abuse
To be confirmed by DCS Training Team
- Duration of training 2 – 3hrs
- Learners are required to obtain 75% pass mark
- Learners may revisit the teat for no additional cost so long as they revisit the training material
Cost for training to be confirmed by DCS Directors