Food Safety, Nutrition and Hydration – Level 2
This course has been designed for individuals who work in the care sector particularly in care homes and domiciliary care settings. The course will provide the care worker, with evidence of how they will promote good food safety, nutrition and hydration in the care work setting.
- Know the importance of food safety including hygiene
- Understand the importance of preparing and handling food hygienically
- Understand the importance of good nutrition and hydration in maintaining well-being.
- Be aware of ways in which to promote adequate nutrition and hydration in individuals you support
- Understand the importance of monitoring nutrition and hydration and when to raise concerns about depleted intake
To be confirmed by DCS Training Team
- Duration of training 2 – 3hrs
- Learners are required to obtain 75% pass mark
- Learners may revisit the test for no additional cost so long as they revisit the training material