Food Safety and Hygiene – Level 1
This course has been designed for individuals who work in the health, social care and voluntary sector. We have tailored courses particularly in care homes and domiciliary care settings.
Learning Outcomes for Food Safety and Hygiene Training
- Understand why food safety is important
- Know your personal and legal responsibility as a care worker
- Understand the impact of food borne illness
- Understand how food becomes contaminated
- Demonstrate a good understanding of how to prevent food contamination through good hygiene practices.
- Know how to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
To be confirmed by DCS Training Team
- Duration of training 2 – 3hrs
- Learners are required to obtain 75% pass mark
- Learners may revisit the teat for no additional cost so long as they revisit the training material
Cost for training to be confirmed by DCS Directors